What? Why, Zelda of course!
The idea of this project is very simple. Re-Implement the original "The Legend of Zelda" game for the NES, as closely as possible - in a fully 3-D environment.
The game will be identical to the original, but game play will be in a 3rd-person 3D style similar to 'Prince of Persia-Sand of Time'
I only have one semester for this project and am working alone. I clearly cannot go through the entire game development cycle from start to finish. Since it's my programming I want to show off, I decided to cut out the design step and start with a proven game concept.
By using the Torque Game Engine made cheaply available by: GarageGames. Other tools include:
- Blender - all objects and charecter models
- QuArk - all buildings and 'interiors'
- Gimp - textures, heightmaps, and all my other abusive photo-chopping needs
- Torsion - Torque Scripting Editor and Debugger
- MS-VC6 - for all my C++ compiler needs...