Cloud Handler ResourceMay 1, 2006 | Return to Contents
It turns out the cloud-handler in Torque is rather deficient. Making matters worse it is a part of the ‘Sky.cc’ class, along with many other things that definitely don’t belong there…
In order to fix things, I’m writing a new cloud handler in a new ‘Cloud.cc’ Class. When I’m done I’ll be able to rip all the old cloud-code out of Sky.cc. In the mean time this has slowed me down ALOT as this is really a project unto it’self. Key New Features Include:
- Arbitrary number of cloud layers
- Ability to fade cloud layers independently
- Ability to fade each independent layer to a specific opacity between 0 and 1
- Ability to select different source-types for each cloud-layer
- ie. traditional cloud map
- DIFFERENT dynamic/random cloud generators
- ability to create new cloud source-types as a plug-in modules (more or less).
Return to Contents.